Principal Java Developer - Sheffield - £50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Java Developer to work for a leading Software House based in Sheffield. As a Principal Java Developer you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for a team of developers within an agile environment covering the development and maintenance of system and software components.
- Lead selected projects
- Analysis of requirements and designs
- Development and testing of applications and software
- Ensure correct documentation is recorded
- Provide specialist support to support teams when required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Experience working as a Senior Java Developer
- Expert in relevant design principles and best practice
- Expert in tools that automate or assist the development process
- Expert in Java programming language and associated tools, layers, frameworks and databases
- E.g. Dropwizard, Maven, Mockito, EasyMock, REST, SOAP, Spring, GIT, SVN
- Expert in troubleshooting complex software issues including in unfamiliar code
- Significant experience in designing and implementing complex software in a professional development organisation
- Experience in integrating complex software components
- Evangelist in Agile methodologies
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior Java Developer looking to progress into a leadership role whilst being able to remain hands on.
Interested? Please send your CV ASAP for immediate consideration!