My client, based in South West London is looking for a highly motivated Python Developer to help us take their business to the next level. Supported by our experienced CTO and
Programme Manage, you will be involved in improving the systems we use to
help us run the business and enhancing the experience of every one of our
members on the site.
* Work in a scrum / agile environment to help develop key features to
improve business functionality
* Backend Python development and provide technical advice to
development team members
* Assist with the design and architecture of the existing data warehouse,
with the aim to centralise customer, product and order data.
* Assist with the technical design and architecture of integration between
existing e-commerce platform, ERP and external suppliers.
* Enhance the level of site personalisation, by improving both sport and
product recommendation logic.
* Enhance the machine learning capability for automatic categorisation
and tagging of products.
* Expand the existing website API capability, specifically around product
recommendation and personalisation
* Expand the existing reporting capabilities to support day-to-day
operation of the business.
* Work alongside internal developers and vendors to customise ERP
system to suite business needs
* Work with key suppliers to build integration to stock and product feeds.
Skills and Experience:
* Graduate in computer science or related discipline
* 2 to 3 years of object orientated Python development experience
* Exposure to Open source Python frameworks like Django
* MySQL or PostgreSQL database development expertise
frameworks like jQuery
* Familiarity with Git for version control and agile practices.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Enthusiastic positive attitude, yet disciplined and detailed-oriented
* Communicative team player
* Experience using OpenERP / Odoo ERP platform
* Familiarity with search engine technologies like Elastic Search and Solr
* Working knowledge of distributed file systems, data warehouses and
other big data tools like Redshift and Hadoop
* Experience using a Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Linux systems administration experience
* PHP development experience
* Exposure to multi-lingual websites