I'm currently in the market seeking a number of Software Asset Management Consultants (SAM).The positions are home based with some travel to clients sites in and around York / Leeds.
Primarily responsible for delivering Compliance oriented services. This includes completing compliance assessments/ELPS which may involve:
- Conducting comprehensive reviews of customers Software deployments and entitlement to conduct reconciliation
- Fully understand customers IT environments to determine their licensing requirements.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring compliance before vendor audit through ongoing support and education of licensing parameters
- Identify any potential overspend and unnecessary installs
- Creation of a comprehensive desktop and server effective license position (ELPs)
- Lead technical workshops to assess and understand a customer's environment to include but not limited to the various licensing scenarios associated to server infrastructures such as: Virtualisation, Cloud and Thin Clients
- Interpreting vendor Licensing contracts and statements and provide procurement advise
- Evaluation of FPP licensing, including Product Identification (PId) and Proof of License (PoL)
- Deliver comprehensive Compliance Assessment reports to detail compliance shortfalls and recommendations to mitigate any highlighted risk
- Provide detailed analysis of associated financial risk
- Analysis of multiple inventory data sets to establish a baseline of installed applications
- Presenting complex scenarios, analysis and findings back to the customer up to C Level
- Minimum 3 years experience working with one of the following volume licensing programmes; Microsoft, Oracle, IBM or SAP
- Understanding of volume licensing and be able to demonstrate the ability to conduct Compliance Assessment's
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft licensing - Designing, assessing and optimising Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Ability to understand the commercial implications of the various license agreements and how they should be negotiated
For further information and a discussion about the role please contact me via the details provided.