SCOM Specialist - £50,000 - £60,000 DOE + Benefits - Nottinghamshire
Wake up in a morning thinking about SCOM and go to bed at night dreaming of monitoring? Then this advert might be the one for you.
Especially if love having responsibility for the Architecture, Design and implementation of said monitoring systems.
If you like designing and architecting solutions, but still want to keep hands on, then again, this role is for you. You'll still enjoying rolling your sleeves up for those particularly tricky 3rd line calls and help with training the 1st and 2nd line teams.
All the while bearing in mind you'll be working on a decent sized Microsoft estate.
Peaked your interest? Well do you have…
- Deep technical knowledge (including architecture and design) of the Windows platform and key metrics to monitor
- Knowledge of how to effectively monitor 3rd party and in-house applications, including web / web service based / windows services / "thick" client apps
- Ability to understand and assist troubleshooting issues in the application stack using APM, high-level knowledge of Windows programming concepts
- Experience of monitoring Windows and VMWare hypervisors
- Knowledge of System Center Operations Manager or similar with a willingness to cross train
- Installing, updating and maintaining the SCOM server infrastructure needed
- Installing, tuning and updating management packs as needed
- Creating and managing overrides to ensure that alerting is accurate and targeted
- Creating and maintaining health roll-ups to provide end to end visibility of key systems
- Monitoring of non-Microsoft systems including use of SNMP MIBS
Then send over your CV and I'll tell you about how this company are growing, how they're using digital to drive the direction of their business, how they love training and development and all that good stuff.