Senior System Administrator
About The Job
Do you get energized by working across silos in a fast-paced, leading-edge environment? Can you administer and troubleshoot Unix-flavored environments in your sleep? Do you wake up in the morning with brand new ideas for optimizing both networks and business processes? If you answered Yes to all of these questions, this might be your dream job.
What You'll Do
- Build, deploy and implement infrastructure projects that have direct impact to the success of the business.
- Create and implement system enhancements to improve the performance and reliability of computing systems.
- Build relationships across Oracle sharing your technical expertise.
- Handle high profile escalations and the related communications to directors and vice presidents.
What You Need to Have
In order to get past step one, you need to have the following knowledge, skills, and experience.
- A solid understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts
- Experience and abilities in Unix administration and troubleshooting
- Experience and abilities with SAN and/or NAS storage appliances
- At least five years of related experience in a medium or large distributed network and computing environment
- Experience working in project teams and being the primary contact for project related work
- Willingness to undergo the security clearance process to the Secret Clearance level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self direction and independent problem solving
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans
- Ability to use professional concepts, company policies and procedures, and creativity to solve a wide range of problems
- Advanced technical and business skills
- Ability to act as a leading contributor, both individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Xen or LDOMs
- Working knowledge of relational databases
What The Perfect Candidate Will Have
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and experience listed above, you will score some extra points if you also have:
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Track record executing small to medium size projects.
- General scripting ability with kshell, bash shell, or Perl Knowledge of Window OS.
- Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems
- Advanced technical troubleshooting exposure across Network, OS and Storage.
Please forward your cv for immediate consideration.