Senior Automation Tester required to work for an industry leader based in Nottinghamshire The role will involve planning and leading testing activities as part of an agile software development team. As the lead tester you will provide end to end expertise across the full testing spectrum.
- To plan and lead the testing of solutions alongside the software development team
- Provide expertise across the full spectrum of testing activities: test data management, manual testing, automated testing, performance testing, usability testing, security testing, and operational testing
- Manage defect management and triage processes
- Strong problem solving ability
- Apply Scrum / Agile / XP
- Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders & understand commercial implications of delivery
- Solid experience of Agile and XP practices
- Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering principles and continued improvement methods
- Solid working knowledge of the following:
- Writing test scripts.
- Automated testing - Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
- Unit Testing
- 3rd Party Integration Testing.
- Testing experience gained in a Java development environment
- BDD frameworks
- Test data requirements.
- Defect Management and Triage.
- Understands the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing.