CONTRACT - Senior System Administrator x3 - UNIX - Berkshire - 3 Months +
I am currently looking for a number of experienced System Administrators for an organisation in the Berkshire area. Job duties are varied and complex utilising independent judgment. May have project lead role, 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of computing systems.
- Implementation of projects that have direct impact to the success of the business.
- Direct customer management, including relationship building, and the sharing of technical expertise.
- Experience in handling high profile escalations, along with communications to Director and Vice President management levels.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in areas of specialisation.
- Define important metrics to identify customer experience, identifying right monitoring and alarming services and implement it for critical service.
- Willing to go deep into the technology to find out appropriate solution that fits organisational business need
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Demonstrate track record of delivering and producing deliverables that exceed customer expectation
- Fully competent in own area of expertise (Unix System Administration) - anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex requiring independent judgment.
- Uses professional concepts, company policies/procedures & creativity to solve a wide range of problems.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure via automation
- Contributes to complex aspects of a project or assignment.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction/mentoring to others.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- At least five years of related experience in a medium to large distributed network and computing environment
- Experience working in project teams, and being a primary contact for project related work.
- Must be able to undergo Security Clearance to SC Level
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- Ability to execute small to medium size projects.
Operations Department specific basic skills:
- Production experience with running services on:
- Flavors of Linux like OEL, Red Hat Linux
- Solaris on modern Sun equipment
- Virtualization technologies (Xen preferrable)
- General UNIX troubleshooting and administration
- Computer networking (TCPIP, DNS, NIS, etc)
- Experience dealing with customer relationships
- Able to work with different internal teams for project work
- General Understanding of relational databases
- General scripting knowledge using k-shell, bash-shell or Perl
- Knowledge of Window OS would be an added advantage
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience in any of the Cloud technology
- Strong multitasking skill, flexible and willing to take risk
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation skill
- Knowledge on Load balancer, Routing protocol, Disaster recovery
- Basic knowledge on JSON, Python or Ruby on Rail
- Knowledge on Oracle engineered systems e.g. Exadata, BDA, Exalogic
- Hands on experience on orchestration tool like MC, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Work experience in 24 x7 environment is additional advantage
These roles are to start at the beginning of September, but the process will begin straight away. Please send your CV for immediate consideration.