Service Desk Engineer - Chesterfield - Exchange - Active Directory - O365 - Virtualization - £16,000-£23,000
Access Consulting are working with a local and well respected organization who are looking for a driven and well-rounded Service Desk Engineer
Do you want to work for a company that will allow you to work with the latest technologies? How about a company that will allow you to make your own decisions? Development..... is that important to you? Avenues for progression? Well it's all here. Sounds good right, or does it sound like all work and no play? How about all of this along with a close knit team/family environment and regular/impromptu social events? Does that sound better?
What will you be doing?
As a Service Desk Engineer, you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. This may, on occasion, include providing input to project plans and the provision of on-site break fix works when required.
Not only that…
You will also be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers' networks and server infrastructure, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place.
What you will need?
- Minimum 2 years' experience within the IT Industry and previous experience within IT & Telecoms
- Active Directory
- Excellent Windows operating system knowledge, all versions
- Excellent desktop and server knowledge, all versions
- Excellent Active Directory (2008, 2012, 2016) knowledge
- Excellent Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016) knowledge
- Excellent O365 knowledge
- Exposure to virtualisation e.g. VMware, Hyper-V technologies
- General networking knowledge e.g. switches, firewalls, routers
- CISCO knowledge and experience (desirable, not essential)
- CCNA (desirable, not essential)
- IP Addressing and routing
- Other skills e.g. MAC OS X and Linux (desirable, not essential)
- Experience operating in a multi-level support team
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organization that are only going to grow over the next few years. If you do not want to let this amazing opportunity slip you by and you would like to know more, please apply now.