CONTRACT - Service Desk Technician - NHS - South East - 3 Months - Band 4 - Inside IR35
I'm currently looking for an experienced Service Desk Technician to join an NHS organisation in the South East. I'm ideally looking for someone with previous NHS experience. Community or Mental Health experience would be advantageous also. This role will run for an initial 3 months. Start date ASAP.
- Responsible for providing first line support to all Trust and other supported users
- Responsible for providing first time fix solutions to IT problems recorded via the IT Service Desk
- Responsible for re-allocating support calls to other resolver groups when unable to provide a first time fix.
- May be required to provide support onsite support within offices, ward, prisons and other clinical areas if required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilitie:
- First and second-line technical support for hardware and software:
- Answering ICT Service desk calls and responding to users by deciding on relevant method of help negotiate and agree call priorities
- Responding to self-logged user calls to provide first time resolution of IT issues
- Understanding and interpreting the complex technical issues presented by users to best asses an appropriate response
- Using initiative to solve problems with reference to broad operating procedures
- Explaining problems and technical solutions to users
- Analysis of presented user problems to identify the potential solutions
- Implement technical solutions to resolve user IT problems
- Logging callers jobs on the Service desk system.
- Planning and scheduling on-site technician work assignments in agreement with the end user and IT Co-ordinator
- Liaising with system managers and other departments to arrange system maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of all supported computer and peripheral hardware in use within the Trust required to remotely diagnose hardware faults
- Working with users to diagnose hardware and software problems, both face-to-face and over the telephone, and seeking further advice where necessary.
- Using remote technologies to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems in a timely manner
- Assist users in using self-serve technologies to improve issue resolution
- Assist in the development of local and user support processes and documentation
- Advising managers and users in the specification of equipment to match users' requirements
- Direct support calls for non-supported applications to the appropriate department
- Where a first time fix is not available/possible, diagnosing the problem where possible before escalating the call to the appropriate resolver group:
- Desktop and Endpoint team
- Network Infrastructure team
- RA Smartcard team
- RiO System management team
- On-site technical team
- Identify underlying problems causing frequent calls and escalate to the appropriate resolver groups.
- Plan and carry out software and hardware auditing
- Assisting in the implementation of major IT projects
- Assisting in the implementation of regular ad-hoc projects
- Ensure the security of IT equipment and data held by the IT Department
- Back up user data held on PCs whilst in the custody of the department
- Provision mobile devices to users (eg blackberry activation, Mobile device management)
- Refine and develop working practices to provide better service across the Trust
- Maintaining department documentation as required:
- Use of job sheets for recording work and ensuring sign-off by relevant staff when completed
- Knowledge of IM&T department policies and procedures, especially relating to working practices;
- Implement and adhere to agreed Trust ICT policies
- Producing in-house user guides and other documentation as necessary.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate IT inventory, including IT departmental stock
- Keeping up to date with current IT developments and technologies.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade in support of the ServiceDesk Supervisor.
Rate: I can only pay just over £17ph for this role, in line with Band 4 CCS framework rates. Please only apply if you can work to this. This role is towards the Junior end of the scale.
This role falls INSIDE IR35, so you must be willing and able to work through an umbrella.
Please send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.