I am currently recruiting for a SQL DBA/ Application Support for work in a service orientated team based in West Yorkshire.
The role is a hybrid role combining both the specialist skills of a SQL Server DBA and dovetailing with application support. The Systems Team is not deemed large enough to accommodate specialist roles. In order to provide the 24 x 7 support the business required, individuals must have a breadth of skills and understanding of the systems environment with the ability and willingness to adapt to new technologies and the ever changing business requirements.
SQL Database administration/Design
- Support /administer all production SQL Server databases (MSCS)
- Strong understanding of DTS, Triggers, Stored procedures, views and replication etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL replication (articles ,publications ,subscriptions)
- T-SQL scripting
- T-SQL performance tuning
- Responsible for database security, ssecurity hardening
- Database Design
- Reporting Services
- SSIS development and support
- Analysis Services
- Assist the Development /Business Intelligence Teams with database analysis and expertise.
- Monitor capacity, integrity and performance of production database(s).
- Monitor and tune database(s) for maximum performance
- Performance and tuning at the database level and have an understanding of application level issues
- Database reorganisations
- Coordinate software and schema releases/updates
- Ensure new and existing database code is efficient - provide guidance/feedback to the Dev/BI Team.
- Database troubleshooting
- Identify, investigate and rectify issues within the environment
- Provide monthly performance and growth statistics
- Provide monthly downtime statistics
- Provide clear and concise documentation
- Patching and application changes
- Plan, manage application of hot fixes, service packs and other necessary server configuration changes pertaining to the database systems
- Responsible for database security
- Backup and Recovery (perform regular backup & recovery testing)
- Failover (perform regular failover testing)
- Document Backup & Recovery procedures
- Document Failover procedures
- Experience with general Microsoft HA including NLB and Clustering
General System Application & Administration Functions
- Support/administer applications, systems and functions that fall within the jurisdiction of the Systems Team
- Support and write scripts.
- Administer and support back-ups.
- Responsible for ensuring:
- Application installation/support instructions are in place and kept up to date.
- Application resilience exists and failover documentation is in place and kept up to date.
- Application failover tests are performed on a regular basis.
- Databases are recovered and tested on a regular basis.
- An auditable trail exists for all application failover and database recovery testing.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Knowledge off IIS applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Knowledge of Litespeed Backup & Redgate SQL monitor
- Upstanding of Firewalls
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Terminal Server environments
- Large Database support > 500 GB
Out of Hours Duties
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for unplanned issues
- Carry out planned out of hours work
- Responsible for regular nightly procedures
- Application cover for Gold, Silver, Bronze systems, e.g. Dynamics AX.
- Respond to messages (i.e. system generated or Voice)
If this exciting opportunity is of interest please contact me ASAP!!