SQL Developer, central London. I require a SQL Developer for 24 month contract in Central London. The role requires the development of data marts and cubes using SQL and other appropriate technologies. Build SQL stored procedures to support specific reporting requirements in Postgres and Hive. You will also be required to develop APIs using Java and Spring Boot. Manage code versioning using Git. Follow and contribute to the improvement of team release processes. Work in an agile environment following a prioritised backlog.
- Experience of writing SQL to transform complex data in large databases.
- Experience of creating stored SQL procedures to support reporting requirements.
- Ability to build APIs using Java
- Experience of working with complex data structures in json format
- Knowledge of the following tools: Postgres, Mongo, Spring Boot, IntelliJ, HDFS, Hive
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence production best practice and creation of data marts / cubes of data
- Experience of working within central government or the public sector is beneficial.
This role is a long term piece of work up to 2 years and will fall outside of the IR35 scope, so you will be working through a Limited Company.