SQL / Oracle / Database / Configuration / Troubleshoot / Backup / Upgrades
SQL/Oracle DBA / Dev required in Manchester ...
The role holder will:
- Be a database technical expert in the ICT Database Team, providing operational support for 1000+ SQL Server, Ingres and Oracle databases.
- Be part of a multi-millon pound transformation programme, including work to upgrade and consolidate databases on the latest supported versions.
- Install and configure database instances in line with industry best practice.
- Develop, document and maintain policies and procedures for database administration.
- Implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure databases are secure, through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Recommend changes to optimise database deployments, configuration or maintenance.
- Work closely with other ICT Service Operations and Project teams to implement solutions to meet corporate objectives.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfil service level agreements with end users.
- Cascade knowledge and perform skills transfer to other members of the Database Team.
Skills and Experience Essential
- Experience of managing and administering SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008R2 and 2012 including:
Installation and configuration Backup and recovery Capacity and availability management Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience of managing and administering Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c
Installation and configuration Backup and recovery using RMAN Capacity and availability management Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience of SQL Server upgrades and migrations
- Experience of Oracle upgrades and migrations
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales whilst managing competing workloads
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate system and process documentation
- Experience of managing databases in a virtual server environment
- Experience of implementing SQL Server Always On Availability Groups and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience of using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager for monitoring database availability and performance
- Experience of installing and configuring SQL Server Analysis Services, Integration Services and Reporting Services
- Experience of managing Ingres databases
- Knowledge and experience of Windows, Unix or Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of VMware 5x
- Experience of working in the Public Sector
- Understanding and experience in application support and knowledge of how database platform supports successful application delivery
- Understanding of SQL Server and Oracle licensing rules and experience of contributing to license reviews and consolidation
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.