CONTRACT - Tableau Analyst/Developer - Business Analysis - London - 3-6 Months
I'm currently looking for an experienced Tableau Developer to work on a 3-6 month contract in London. You will need to have a decent level of experience in Business Analysis and requirement gathering also.
This role will contribute to a growing Tableau installation and data warehouse, developing new reports, and working with stakeholders across the business to ensure their needs are met.
- Produce high quality business intelligence and statistical analysis dashboards.
- Make information available by extracting data from the data structures on demand.
- Work with other departments to understand and define data requirements and to monitor local data sources and data quality.
Extracting information - Use querying tools such as SQL and Tableau to extract and report information from databases. Ensure that metadata is reported and kept up to date in reporting of information.
Promoting the use of Reporting and analysis - Liaise closely with business users to establish information requirements, and analyse, design, develop and maintain reports and extracts based on data in enterprise systems and the data warehouse. Review and advise on the best solutions to meet user requirements and facilitate business improvement, including changes to business processes, where necessary. Develop and deliver data and reporting tool training to users who need to understand more about the underlying data for their reports.
Quality focus - Maintain standards for analysis and reporting at all levels including best practice data visualisation techniques. Ensure all definitions, requirements, functional specifications and processes are documented. Plan work with auditability in mind. Train users in data quality.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of report writing using Tableau and SQL (SQL Server)
- Strong focus on data quality and high standards of development
- Excellent communication and customer service skills - able to communicate technical information clearly to expert and non-expert internal suppliers, internal customers and management.
- SharePoint experience an advantage
- An understanding of general insurance, including the principles of claims processing and reinsurance an advantage
- Familiarity with Agile approaches an advantage
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.