I am currently looking for a Technical Project Manager to work on an initial 3 month contract for a financial organisation in London.
You must have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of communicating technical issues to senior staff.
- Technical networking and firewall knowledge to CCNA level - be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following, as a minimum:
- TCP & IP protocols
- IP networking/subnetting
- Good knowledge of OSPF& BGP
- Multicast preferred
- Switching and Routing
- Current industry-standard hardware platforms (marketing-level familiarity)
- Structured cabling systems
- A highly proactive self-starting ethos, with strong customer focus.
- Outstanding team skills, with the ability to effectively support colleagues.
- A strong work ethic, high professionalism and exceptional problem solving skills.
- A high standard of personal presentation with the ability to imbue confidence in colleagues and clients.
- Experience of project initiation, implementation and closure using methodologies suitable for the projects undertaken.
- The ability to successfully work with stakeholders from many business areas, backgrounds and nationalities to realise project milestones and deliverables.
- The ability to effectively manage project quality and to ensure a consistently high degree of successful project delivery within resource, time and cost constraints.
- Experience of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously, across multiple time zones.
- Exemplary co-ordination skills and the ability to understand business drivers / IT requirements.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships with technical and non-technical teams and individuals.
- The capability to represent Network Project Services both internally and externally to the very high professional standard expected within an investment bank.
- Experience of Change Control (change control processes and work flow, raising changes and risk associated with change).
- Good level of understanding of Cisco Networking Devices, including troubleshooting of routers and switches
- Good understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP
- Multicast (useful, not essential)
- Security knowledge from Network viewpoint including Firewalls, Proxies.
- General level of understanding of a broad range of IT infrastructure technologies - DNS, Market Data, Unix / Linux, Wintel Servers, Storage.
- ITIL V3
If this role is of interest please contact me asap!!