CONTRACT - Unified Communications Support Engineer x2 - Birmingham - Lync/Skype for Business - 6 Months
I'm currently looking for two Unified Comms Support Engineers for a well-known organisation in the Birmingham area.
The Unified Communications Support Engineers will work within a team providing third-line support for the Skype for Business platform and supporting technologies including compliance capture, integration with telephony and video conferencing backbones.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues with the unified communication platforms, supporting services and dependencies.
- Performing security administration tasks, such as certificate renewals, on a periodic basis in line with agreed service levels.
- Managing and improving the operational run books and supporting documentation.
- Performing disaster recovery testing on a periodic basis in line with agreed service levels.
- Patching, maintenance and remediation on the unified communication platforms and supporting services.
- Assisting compliance and legal on surveillance activities and data discovery requests and investigations.
- Ensuring production installations of the platforms and additional components are compliant with the banks information security standards.
- Supporting the release of changes into the production environment.
- Demonstrable experience in upgrading, installing, configuring and supporting Lync or Skype for Business products and related capabilities such as Avaya and Cisco unified communications products.
- Must have diverse technical background with experience on multiple technologies including a knowledge of H323 / SIP, AD, LDAP, XMPP, networking protocols and associated services.
- Knowledge of instant messaging, voice and video protocols ideally including PBX, ACD, CTI, IVR and VoIP.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies and their integration with Skype for Business.
- Strong career interest with a focus on professional improvement focused on Unified Communications technologies.
- Comfortable working with a team with a diverse skill set, location and culture across different countries.
- Must be adaptable and quickly understand the new technologies / emerging markets.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, understand and present clear solutions to problems.
- Proven track record in problem solving, within a medium to large enterprise environment.
These roles will be to start as soon as possible, and will run for an initial 6 months with the chance of extension. Banking experience would prove an excellent nice to have here.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.