CONTRACT - Wordpress Developer - Birmingham - Public Sector - OUTSIDE IR35 - 2-3 Months +
I'm currently looking for a Wordpress Developer to work for a public sector body in the Birmingham area. You will work on the migration of the current website to a user validated Wordpress instance. In addition to migrating existing content they will also produce a range of Wordpress plugins, templates and widgets for custom post types. The work produced will form the beta version of the website.
Liaising closely with the Web & Multimedia Manager, you will be required to convert user validated prototypes and wireframe mockups to a working Wordpress website. You will need to create plugins for custom post types with their own custom meta boxes, taxonomy, views and widgets all themed to the latest branding guidelines. You will ensure that all work produced meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with key members of the user research team to understand and implement prioritised needs.
- Minimum 3 years in a professional Wordpress development role
- Evidence of contribution to the Wordpress community, e.g. via support, code or plugins
- Strong experience of frontend UI development via frameworks like Bootstrap
- Strong experience of child theme development and optimisation
- Demonstrable experience of Wordpress plugin and custom post types development
- Ability to take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment
- Ability to present and communicate technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong experience of working in cloud based infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
- Experience of working closely with service users to fully understand their needs
- Core Azure experience (Web Apps, SQL Azure)
- Experience of integrating Google Tag Manager
This role will be based in Birmingham 3 days per week, with the option to work the rest remotely. Please send your up to date profile for immediate consideration.